Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pirates Commandeer Halloween Happenings

**Tutorial links for outfits at the end!**

Our park district had a pre-Halloween event this past weekend called Halloween Happenings.

Our little pirates commandeered (nautical term) the event...

... even the littlest pirate made an appearance.

And yes, we donned pirate-y make-up and sat on pirate-y hay with pirate-y pumpkins.  This is Noelle making a hook.  Ha!




It was everything I love about Halloween (lots of cute kids in costumes, silly games and crafts and candy!) and none of the gross, yucky and scary stuff that I'm not a big fan of.  In other words, it was perfect for our kids, despite the rainy and, uh, brisk weather. 

 Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle were my favorite characters of the night.  First, because they fit with our theme. :)  Second, because check out Peter Pan.  He's a high school boy posing like Peter Pan!

For those who don't know, I taught high school, in the days before kids. :)  I love high school kids, and the fact that a high school kid will not only dress up  like Peter Pan but also play the part...  well, that just warms my heart!  Peter Pan, you rock.

And in case you think pirates are all business and no fun-- just take a look here. :)

Costume Tutorials: 
Pirate Corset Top
Puffy Pirate Shirt
Layered Pirate Skirt
Captain Ben's Pirate Shirt
Easy-Peasy Pirate Belt


1 comment:

  1. super cute! Love all the photos. I just linked up to Project Run and Play and saw your link... love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)