Monday, May 7, 2012

Epiphany!

I've had a blast, sewing along with the girls at Project Run & Play. If you haven't joined in the fun, you really should. I've learned a lot about myself as a sew-er. I'm figuring out my style and why I like what I like. Even if you don't enter into the sew-along competition, it's so much fun! This week, the challenge is movie-inspired looks, so I've been sitting and pondering different flicks.

For some reason, my first thought was Benny and Joon. I don't know why... maybe it was the Johnny Depp factor?
:)

From there, I started googling different 80's movies. I think Riley's neon outfit has stuck with me. It's not like I'm a huge 80's fan or anything. Must be a phase. :)

Then-- BAM!-- it hit me! It was the perfect inspiration for the Green kiddos. Here's a hint: "It's orange and small... and it has white stripes..."

Oh man, I'm excited for this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)