Sunday, April 1, 2012

Birthday Favors

Pin It

Riley-girl turned FOUR this past Friday, and her party was on Saturday.  I'll get some pictures up of the party soon, but I have to admit-- one of the things that I was most excited about was the favors that we gave to everyone.  On Pinterest, I had seen this idea of putting every kid's name on a pillowcase for a sleepover party, but we're years away from a sleepover, so I thought, "Hmm... What about shirts?"  And with the help of my fantastic cousin Sam, her Cricut, and some of my fat quarters, here's what we gave out:

 The girls' shirts...

...and the birthday girl got a special peach-colored one.



The boys' shirts...

By the way, little brother Brooks got one, too, but he decided to explode all over it right before the party.  That a boy. :)


Here's the best group shot that I got (you have to move FAST!).  One of my favorite things in the world is group shots of small children.  They are always hilarious and rarely disappoint.  :)

And this picture of Sophia was too cute to pass up.  We went outside to play with bubbles (another part of the favor) after everyone had sat so nicely for the picture.  Hehe.

Okay... so I forgot to take a picture of the cake with the candles in it, but here it is.  How unimpressed are you?  My husband laid down the base frosting and I decorated.  You can see why I stick to fabric. :)
 
But at least the shirts were a hit! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for Sunshine Blogger Award over on my blog! I found your blog recently and have really enjoyed reading here. Thought I'd share the love with this little award!

    http://www.craftwhatever.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunshine-award-for-moi.html

    I am loving the shirts! I bet the parents were impressed. Handmade is so nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)